And more

Same girl, from 8-week-old puppy to middle-age (6.5)”

Aren’t we all still learning? I’m getting more sure that I can’t predict the future from seeing an 8-week-old puppy. My instinct is that there are other factors coming into play at maturity due to the dwarf factor and the premature or delayed closing of the growth plates. At evaluation time we can give only an “educated guess.”

About C-Myste

Carolyn @ C-Myste.com
Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to And more

1. Baledwr says:

DINKA OMG Cute!

But oh does she look much older than 6 1/2…

2. dreameyce says:

OMG! She DOES look older, than Traum even (who’s what, 3 months older than her??)

I loved that litter. As much as I’m glad I got Traum, and didn’t hold out for a Quizzy puppy, part of me has always wished I had held out… but man- I would NOT have wanted to pay medical bills for a dog that went down in the back! Eeek! I really feel for the people who’ve gone through that 🙁

While I’d have figured it out, I know fate worked out perfect, and the stars aligned with my beloved Traumy. Plus, he’s exactly as I ordered! LOL

3. penni says:

She looks a lot younger at obedience and agility classes with her ears up and her eyes sparkling. On the grooming table — not so much! She is, however, pretty gray around the muzzle.

4. Traci says:

the baby picture looks like Megan… with the full diamond on her head… But it’s amazing how much she’s changed through the years…. I will always have the fondest memories of that litter… they were itty bitties as I was picking Ollie up at 10 weeks… *sigh* 🙂 wasn’t one of them “screamer”? 😉

5. C-Myste says:

I had it marked as Inca, but could be right. I’ll go through the pictures again.

And Inca was “Screamer”. I tried to teach her to sing “Leaving on a Jet Plane” but at that time it was a no-go.

So this time I just gave up and named Molly “Free Speech”.

6. Baledwr says:

Traci’s right, that’s Megan

7. C-Myste says:

Fixed 🙂

8. penni says:

She still has a bark that hurts your ears. I threaten to debark her all the time.

9. Traci says:

I remember sitting there just watching and listening to Inca scream as a baby… I remember laughing pretty hard. They were itty bitty teeny babies. The first baby Cardigans I’d ever seen… shoot, the first baby puppies I’d ever seen. I will never forget that beautiful litter 🙂 And I”m glad to see that my eye was on… that was Megan…and now it’s Inca Dinka Doodle bug 🙂
    FUnny how some just have barks that could shatter glass… *sigh* Sorry Penni 😉